- Circular jet bath, specially made equipment directs multiple, small but powerful water streams from all directions on the patient.
- This bath gives instant cooling and refreshing effect, especially after taking a prolonged hot treatment such as steam room.
- 10 – 20 minutes
- This bath causes a powerful circulatory reaction, which helps in stimulating the skin’s activity.
- It is a tonic measure for anaemic who are fairly strong.
- It stimulates muscular action.
- The stimulating effect of the cold bath relieves one from drowsiness (due to delayed sleep), mental and physical fatigue and helps to overcome bad habits such as alcoholism, drug addiction and smoking.
- Immediately after a hot treatment, a cold shower is advised to absorb the extra heat, which the body acquires during the process of treatment.
- Cold shower also helps to continue the reaction of the treatment.
- Very weak patients, cardiac ailments and in persons suffering from severe cold, influenza and asthma.