- Sauna bath is an old type of Turkish bath. It can be given in cabin or room specially made with pine wood. The wood temperature is gradually heated unto the desired temperature of approximately 100 c to 110 c with room heater. The duration of the treatment is 30 to 45 minutes. (Depend on condition)
- Before the treatment, the patient should drink plenty of cold water and take a cold shower. While in the can, he should frequently rub himself and when the person feels sufficiently hot, he should come out, take a brief cold shower and return to the cabin. After inducing perspiration for the second time, he should take a cold shower and quickly dry himself, and relax for 30 to 40 minutes. A glass of cold lemon juice will be refreshing.
- The treatment should be stopped if the patient feels giddy or uneasy. He should be given a cold shower and take rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Very effective in majority of chronic disorders such as rheumatism. It eliminates toxin and beneficial in diseases like chronic dyspepsia, biliousness, obesity, sciatica lumbago and in all painful affliction.
- In cardiac diseases, diabetes with emaciation, goitre, arteriosclerosis, very high blood pressure, nephritis, fever and weakness. It should not be given to very old person, children and pregnant women.