- Steam bath, an ancient technique, is one of most effective means of getting the excess sebum rid of the system. It also helps restore the tone of the nerves and muscles.
- Usually a room is specially made for this purpose or even a steam box or a cabin can be fabricated where steam is made to pass into room or cabin through perforated tubers.
- 42-50 c
- 15-30 minutes (Depend on condition)
- The patient should drink 1or 2 glass full of water and moister his head with cold water entering the steam room/box. Immediately after the bath, a quick cold shower is taken. A glass of cold lemon juice taken soon after the cold shower act as a refresher if required. The patient should relax for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Sometimes, during the bath, one may feel giddy or uneasy. In such cases the patient should immediately be taken out and glass of cold water be given and his head be washed with cold water. Sufficient rest should be given until the unpleasant symptoms disappear.
- It is powerful treatment to eliminate the morbid matter from the surface of the skin. Useful a chronic toxic conditions and diseases like arthritis, gout, uric acid, uraemia, obesity and diabetes. It also relieves Neurological problems related to sciatica, facial & spinal nerves, functional disorders of spinal cord. It is also recommended in cases of chronic nephritis, migraine, headache etc. It is also quite relaxing.
- Weak and old person, children, pregnant women, cardiac patients, Patients with low stamina and anaemia should avoid.